UPR 9002 has two Security Officers (SO) who assist the Unit Director in managing the prevention of risks likely to compromise the health and safety of agents (drafting and posting of safety instructions). They contribute to the improvement of methods and of the working environment, and to the deepening of the knowledge of security problems and their resolution.
The SOs are at the service of the director and all the agents. They have a role of welcoming and informing newcomers and reminding others. They are responsible for updating the « Document unique d’évaluation des risques professionnels » and other documents relating to safety. They are in charge of declaring and monitoring accidents and incidents in the workplace.
To keep up to date with new standards and / or safety instructions issued by the CNRS, they attend regular training courses and are part of the regional network of SOs of CNRS, INSERM, Unistra and the UHA.
The representatives of animal experimentation assist researchers in the implementation of animal experimentations. They answer their questions concerning the legal aspects and the rules of the animal facility. They ensure the level of qualification of researchers and inform them of specific training courses (initial or continuing education). They ensure contact with government supervisory agencies and animal facility managers:
– Strasbourg Regional Committee for Ethics in Animal Experimentation (CREMEAS)
– Follow-up of continuing education, in conjunction with the Collectif des Animaleries de Recherche en Alsace (CARA),
– Animal Welfare Structure (SBEA) of the Insectarium,
– Participation in the Insectarium Steering Committee, a committee defining the rules of use of the animal facility.
– Follow-up of the hygiene of the animal facility.
“Any laboratory, public or private, which uses GMOs or genetically modified micro-organisms (GMMs) for research, development or teaching purposes must submit a request for classification of these activities to the Ministry of Higher Education and Research (MESR). Declarations of use and applications for approval of use are addressed to the Minister in charge of research who forwards them, as soon as the files are complete, to the High Council for Biotechnology (HCB):
- for information in the case of a declaration of use
- for an opinion in the case of an application for authorisation to use “
(source : Guide OGM en milieu confiné, p.12)
My role is to obtain these approvals (valid for 5 years) and to keep the list of GMOs held in our unit.
The role of the Coregal network referents within the UPR
- Reinforce awareness-raising actions and communication aimed at informing the members of the research unit to prevent inequalities
- Create and disseminate guides and charters of good practice at the level of the UPR
- Ensure that there is a gender balance in the distribution of managerial functions, collective tasks and even in the composition of unit bodies
- Systematising interviews, having a counselling role without stereotypes and orientation towards HR referents
- Develop mentoring actions for students