UPR 9002 has two Security Officers (SO) who assist the Unit Director in managing the prevention of risks likely to compromise the health and safety of agents (drafting and posting of safety instructions). They contribute to the improvement of methods and of the working environment, and to the deepening of the knowledge of security problems and their resolution.
The SOs are at the service of the director and all the agents. They have a role of welcoming and informing newcomers and reminding others. They are responsible for updating the « Document unique d’évaluation des risques professionnels » and other documents relating to safety. They are in charge of declaring and monitoring accidents and incidents in the workplace.
To keep up to date with new standards and / or safety instructions issued by the CNRS, they attend regular training courses and are part of the regional network of SOs of CNRS, INSERM, Unistra and the UHA.
The representatives of animal experimentation assist researchers in the implementation of animal experimentations. They answer their questions concerning the legal aspects and the rules of the animal facility. They ensure the level of qualification of researchers and inform them of specific training courses (initial or continuing education). They ensure contact with government supervisory agencies and animal facility managers:
– Strasbourg Regional Committee for Ethics in Animal Experimentation (CREMEAS)
– Follow-up of continuing education, in conjunction with the Collectif des Animaleries de Recherche en Alsace (CARA),
– Animal Welfare Structure (SBEA) of the Insectarium,
– Participation in the Insectarium Steering Committee, a committee defining the rules of use of the animal facility.
– Follow-up of the hygiene of the animal facility.
“Any laboratory, public or private, which uses GMOs or genetically modified micro-organisms (GMMs) for research, development or teaching purposes must submit a request for classification of these activities to the Ministry of Higher Education and Research (MESR). Declarations of use and applications for approval of use are addressed to the Minister in charge of research who forwards them, as soon as the files are complete, to the High Council for Biotechnology (HCB):
- for information in the case of a declaration of use
- for an opinion in the case of an application for authorisation to use “
(source : Guide OGM en milieu confiné, p.12)
My role is to obtain these approvals (valid for 5 years) and to keep the list of GMOs held in our unit.
The Equality Representatives of the Alsace Regional Delegation within the UPR 9002 have the mission of publicising and disseminating within the unit the elements of the national and regional action plan on professional equality between women and men carried out by the CNRS in order to prevent inequalities.
To this end, their role is to
- Raise awareness and inform the unit’s staff about
- gender stereotypes and discrimination in all aspects of the organisation and functioning of the unit (allocation of tasks, recruitment, gender-stereotype-free communication in written and visual material distributed by the unit internally and externally)
- the issues of sexism, all forms of discrimination, moral and sexual harassment and sexual violence.
- To be a contact point for agents who encounter difficulties and to bring them to the attention of the Regional Delegation’s Equality Correspondent (COREGAL).
- Participate in meetings and training activities organised by the COREGAL, and contribute to:
- the development of the regional equality plan, including information, awareness-raising or training actions on professional equality issues in order to prevent and fight against sexism, harassment and any form of discrimination,
- the development of mentoring actions for students.
- To work in collaboration and close partnership with other local professional equality actors (INSERM, Unistra, UHA) in a structured and integrated approach.